COVID-19 Ministry of Health Travel Advisory Update
As per notice from MOH,
Singaporeans are advised to defer all non-essential travel abroad. If you are returning from mainland China (outside Hubei Province), Iran, Italy, France, Germany, Republic of Korea, *Japan, *Switzerland, *United Kingdom as well as all *ASEAN Countries (with the exemption of those travelling into Singapore from Malaysia via sea or land), will be issued with a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN).
This advisory will apply for 30 days, and will be reviewed thereafter. This is to reduce the risk of Singaporeans contracting COVID-19 while overseas during this global pandemic.
You are advised to review your travel plans during the March school holidays, and check the MOH website for the latest measures as well as a list of countries that are subject to SHN requirements.
Click the link below to access MOH’s press release for more information.
📢Additional Precautionary Measures against COVID-19 Infection in RMSS📢
To enhance the protection of RMSS visitors, students, tutors and staff, we have implemented the following additional precautionary measures: -
1. Temperature screening will be required for all visitors, students, tutors and staff alike before/upon entering RMSS premises. Students are to bring their own thermometers to help facilitate the process.
a) Temperature taking will be done outside of RMSS premises before each class.
i) Main Centres - Outside along the walkway
ii) Bishan Classrooms (#44 / #54 / #201) - Downstairs along the walkway
iii) Parkway Centre Classrooms - Lift lobby
b) Late comers or students who turn up for extras or make up lessons, they are to wait OUTSIDE of their classroom for the tutor to take their temperature before entering the classroom.
2. ALL visitors will be required to complete a visitor declaration form for contact tracing.
3. All RMSS Tutors and Staff will have their temperature check twice daily. Any who is unwell or found to have a fever will be asked to leave RMSS premises and seek medical help immediately.
4. Students with a temperature below 38 deg C will be allowed into RMSS premises and be issued a coloured sticker as an indication that their temperature has been measured and cleared. The stickers will have to stay on visible areas of the student’s shoulder at all times during period of stay in RMSS premises.
5. If a student is found to have a temperature equals or more than 38 deg C or display flu like symptoms such as cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, they will be asked to go home.
6. All frequently touch surfaces (i.e. glass door handles, reception counter, centre phones, iPads and headphones etc.) as well as working spaces will be constantly sanitised throughout the day.
7. Hand sanitisers will be placed in all classrooms and within RMSS premises.
8. Anyone with the following will be denied entry to our premises: -
a) register a temperature of 38 degree Celsius and above or;
b) are unwell with respiratory symptoms or;
c) have visited mainland China (outside Hubei Province), Iran, Italy, France, Germany, Republic of Korea, *Japan, *Switzerland, *United Kingdom as well as all *ASEAN Countries in the last 14 days or;
d) had close contact with a confirmed case/on QO/SHN/LOA in the last 14 days
9. RMSS will continue to monitor the situation closely and act in accordance to MOE precautionary measures in schools. We also urge all students, tutors and staff to continue practising good personal hygiene such as washing their hands frequently with soap, and avoid coming for class if they are sick only to return when fully recovered.
RMSS Live Streaming Lessons
Dear Parents and Students,
Over the past few weeks, we witnessed the rapid spread of the Novel Coronavirus in China. Unfortunately, the virus has found its way to the rest of the world, Singapore included.
While the number of confirmed local infections is small compared to China, it is worrying as it can spread quickly if not properly monitored and controlled.
In light of the situation, RMSS has started to implement daily temperature checks for students, teachers and staff, who are also required to declare their travel & health status.
If there comes a time when MOE decides to shut down schools, RMSS will follow suit.
Notwithstanding the temporary closure of schools, life must go on and our education of students should continue with minimal disruption.
As a further safeguard and to minimise disruption, RMSS has purchased the hardware and software for live streaming of all lessons so that lessons can continue in students’ homes in the event of school closures.
While we hope the situation will not worsen to require closure of schools, RMSS has nevertheless invested effort & resources so that all lessons can continue at the usual times conducted by the usual tutors via live streaming should the need arise.
We are currently testing the live streaming of lessons and will update all parents and students in due course.
Meanwhile, we urge one and all to adopt good hygiene practices and to excuse oneself from lessons should one feel unwell or experience flu symptoms.
Stepping Up Precautionary Measures against the Wuhan Coronavirus Infection:
Singapore Authorities have now imposed a 14-day Leave Of Absence (LOA) for students & Teachers returning from China.
Likewise, with effect from today, Monday - 27 Jan 2020, students who have travelled to China during the last 14 days are NOT to attend classes at RMSS till & including 9 Feb 2020. This is so that students can stay at home & minimise close contact with others.
Meanwhile, RMSS will implement a temperature check on all students, tutors and staff of RMSS and persons found to have temperature exceeding or equals to 38 deg celcius will be asked to leave the tuition centre to go home.
Students & Parents are advised to subscribe to the Government WhatsApp service by clicking on the link below to receive the latest updates on on the novel corona virus situation.
The Gov.sg WhatsApp:
Sign up link if you’d like these regular updates: https://go.gov.sg/whatsapp
Thank you for your cooperation.
1170 DISTINCTIONS FOR SA1 2017
2014 MID YEAR RESULTS - 662 DISTINCTIONS
AN ACHIEVEMENT TO BE CELEBRATED BY STUDENTS, PARENTS & TUTORS OF RMSS !
13 STUDENTS TOP IN SCHOOL.
65 STUDENTS TOP IN CLASS
144 STUDENTS TOP 5 IN CLASS
GOING THE EXTRA MILE FOR STUDENTS
LAW STUDENTS BATTLE FOR ATTORNEY-GENERAL'S CUP
RMSS STUDENT GOING TO SPACE